Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: My AG flea market find... in Honduras!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Every Sunday our town (I'm living in Honduras right now) has a flea market. I happened upon a large box full of dolls. I had a look and didn't really see anything interesting, just a bunch of old dolls from the States. At the bottom, I caught a glimse of what looked like a Bitty Baby sleeper. I grabed the doll, it wasn't Bitty but it was her Sleeper. It was the white one with the little red hearts. I just wanted the sleeper but the woman made me buy the doll too. I paid a bit too much ($4 American) and I gave the doll (nude) to a little girl on the street. The slepper is not in great shape and I don't have a Bitty, but I was so excited to find an authentic AG item in Honduras!

    Also, last weekend I was in Copan (a town in Honduras that has Mayan ruins and is a tourist destination) shopping at a souvenir shop and found an AG sized chair tpye thing just like Jess has. I am so excited to take it home in June. It needs a frame so it can hang, but maybe my dad can make one for me. It was only $3. Much better than Jess' becase it is authentic Mayan!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 22, 2006 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Stephanie31802 ]</font>

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Awesome! Do you ever see any of the people from the terra experience website? I want to buy something from there for Marisol but I'm afraid that the colors on the huipil will bleed onto her skin. Have you purchased anything from them?

  3. #3
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    Wow! That's so cool! If you can post pics that would be awesome. I was so surprised when you actually found something american girl... in the Honduras!

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! I can't believe you found something American Girl in Honduras. The tree swing chair sounds neat too. Do post pics if you can.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have brought from Terra Experience before and have never had a problem with colors bleeding. I HIGHLY recommend their Nicaguan dancing dresses. I brought one for Marisol and it is gorgeous. Honduran girls where the same dresses. I am going to Email Terra Experience to see if they sell any of their products in Guatemala and where. I'm planning on taking a trip to Guatemala one weekend.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 22, 2006 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie31802 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is so awesome!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like even away from home a little AG is finding you. Enjoy.

    Are you enjoying the children? What do they think of your AG doll?

    It was great to see your thead and know all is well. Happy New Year.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MollyGirl:
    Sounds like even away from home a little AG is finding you. Enjoy.

    Are you enjoying the children? What do they think of your AG doll?

    It was great to see your thead and know all is well. Happy New Year.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I ended up not bringing Kaya because I just couldn't fit anything else in my suitcase. It was just as well because Cofradia (even in the house) is VERY dusty and she'd be a mess. I'd like to say my children are wonderful, but I'm not at that point yet. They are SO out of control. I have worked in several schools before and I have never worked with children like this. Their behavior is improving with some classroom management that I have implemented, but they still need a lot of work. Right now I am focusing on that and not so much on academics. They can be very sweet and loving children when they are not standing on the desks or kicking around a soccer ball in the classroom.

  9. #9
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for the review of terra experience. I've got my eye on the Nicaraguan dresses as well as the traditional Mayan outfits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •